Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Friday, 12.30.11

FRAN!!

So today I started with working up to a 1RM thruster. I got up to 115 and then tried twice to get 125 but failed.  I was disappointed because my previous PR was 120 and I had thought back then that I could have hit 125.

My wrists were really bothering me today - residual pain from the kettle bell thruster workout I did over a week ago.  I had a hard time transitioning from holding the weight in a front squat position to the overhead thruster. I had the weight just on the tips of my fingers and then when coming up out of the squat, I tried to jump it into the palm of my hand to grip it for the overhead thruster.  That didn't work so well.  I think if I had a better grip on the weight, I could have finished the lift.

Fran...8:40...I think?  I know didn't beat my previous PR of 8:31.  I thought I was doing pretty well - was able to string the first 21 thrusters together, but I must of been slow with my pull-ups.  I also couldn't even string the last 9 thrusters together.  I guess after the first 21 I fell apart.

I still need to do the Compound Total - I think I will next week. Hopefully I will have better results than my 5K and Fran.  I'm pretty disappointed in my results but that just means I need to try harder! Getting sick really threw me off  - at least that's my excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment