Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wednesday, 01.04.12

I was worried about my back after pulling it yesterday but I woke up this morning and it felt OK so I went ahead and worked out. 

Skill: Rope Climb
I had two climbs to the very top.  In the past I've only gone up to the black tape (15 feet I think?) but as long as I didn't look down, I was able to go all the way to the top.  Note to self - wear long socks next time.  Even though I had long pants on, I still got a mean rope burn on the front of my ankle.  It's not even shaped like anything cool.

Metcon: 
"Cindy"
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats

I had 12 rounds + 5 pull-ups + 6 push-ups Rx which was a PR

I feel like I'm getting better with my pull-ups.  Usually I am fatigued to the point where I'm only able to do one at time after a few rounds.  This time I was able to string all 5 for several rounds and towards the end I was consistently stringing 3 and then 2, which is a big improvement for me! 

I found that I tend to control my descent with negatives on the way down, rather than just let momentum pull me down.  This time I let myself drop down more and was able to get a better kip at the bottom.  I was also surprised that I didn't have any tears in my hands after doing 65 pull-ups. 

Push-ups killed me.  I did them all hand-release and that was definitely the hardest part of the workout for me.

Squats were fine.


Tonight I played soccer and the Cougars were victorious 3-2. We are currently in 2nd place.  We were tied 2-2 in the second half and in the last 40 seconds, we scored a goal for the win! It was super fun, but tonight my back is killing me!  I made it through the workout this morning no problem, but playing soccer was not a good thing for my back.  



No comments:

Post a Comment