Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tuesday, 01.03.12

CrossFit Total

Back Squat: 200


After warming up to 175, I took a successful first attempt at 200 which was my previous PR.  I wanted to at least hit that and go up from there.  I attempted 205 and got stuck on the way back up, tried again and completely failed.  I was glad Brad was there to spot me because I had a bad experience once where I got stuck and dumped the weight forward over my neck and head at the bottom of the squat.  Ever since then I've had a fear of that happening so I feel much more confident when I have a spotter.


Shoulder Press: 77


My last total I had 75.  My first attempt I hit 75 no problem so I went for 80, but failed.  I was going to attempt 80 again but decided to drop it down to 77 where I was more confident I could succeed and still beat my last weight.


Deadlift: 225


This is the lift I was hoping to see the most improvement in.  My deadlift PR is 230.  I warmed up to 205 and took my first attempt at 225.  My previous Total deadlift was a complete failure (wasn't even able to lift 200) so I wanted to be confident before I attempted to PR.  This plan would probably have worked, but...I made a pretty big error that I paid for!


Right before my attempt I had a client come in to sign up and pay for a class.  By the time I got back to my bar I was thinking I should probably drop the weight and warm up again.  But I didn't. I pulled the weight, immediately felt a strain in my back, and knew this would be my last lift for the day.  I should have warmed up again! 




TOTAL: 502


This total was an improvement over my last one but still short of my PR of 505.

No comments:

Post a Comment