Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Saturday, 03.03.12

Conditioning: CrossFit Games Open 12.2

Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 10:00 of:
- 30 Snatch (M 75 / F 45 lbs)
- 30 Snatch (M 135 / F 75 lbs)
- 30 Snatch (M 165 / F 100 lbs)
- Max Rep Snatch (M 210 / F 120 lbs)
SCORE:60


I had a lot of nervous anticipation for this WOD.  The snatch is not a lift I am in proficient in at all, so I was unsure what the outcome would be.  I was hoping for 60 but not expecting it.  


I went to weightlifting class on Thursday evening and Craig worked on snatch technique with us.  I practiced the muscle snatch which is not something I had used before, but seemed to be much more efficient.  


I used the muscle snatch for the first set of 30 and felt pretty good.  I think I was able to do all 30 unbroken.  To have to bump it up to 75 pounds felt like a significant jump.  I power snatched the 30 reps at 75# and still had about 2 minutes left.  My previous snatch PR was 85# so to attempt 100# was not something I was prepared for.  I had several attempts but all were failures so my final score was 60.


Even though I didn't expect to get more than 60, I was frustrated that I had the opportunity to, and wasn't able to make it happen.  I think I have the strength but my technique needs a lot of work.  Had I had the technique down, I probably would have been able to hit the 100#.  Frustrating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment